Tuesday 3 November 2009

Hallucination

I watched the train as it pulled into the filthy station, adding its own dirt to the foul collection. The station was so old it had not been cleaned in at least twenty years and dirty filthy pools of rainwater were everywhere. The dirt seemed to grab me and grapple with me, it clogged my senses so that I couldn't think. Breathing was becoming difficult and my throat was tight. The devilish dirt held me in its grip, dragging me down into a hallucination

Down, down, down. Down into the deepest dungeons of my mind. Past the mundane streams of consciousness. Past my strange unconscious desires. The hallucination was dragging me down further into the torture chamber of my mind which held my obscure phobias.

The chamber opened onto a slaughterhouse. A butcher, with arms stained scarlet from his fingernails to his elbows, stared me down. In his hand he held a meat clever and I could see several slaughtered cows littering the floor. HE had skined their hides and here I was. A human victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment